Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Projects

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2150 Views, 4 Replies

Copy Projects

I need to copy my projects, I am designing some tanks and them are so similar (and only I change height, diameter and diameter nozzles).  So I used to copy the entire folder with my assemblies, part and sheet. I change the name for the new name equipment, with parts and assemblies I dont have problems, but the problem es when I load the project , on the sheet, all views load the other file where I copied it.

there is some way to make this or where can I change de path from the file?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
marshaltu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I suggest you use Pack & Go to copy Inventor projects and files. You can find the tool by Right Mouse Button hit some Inventor files in Windows Explorer.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
SBix26

Project files will help.  If the copied location, either permanently or temporarily, has its own project file restricting search locations to that folder and sub-folders, then assemblies and drawings cannot link to files anywhere else, and will find the files with the same names at that location.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If using the Vault, there is functionality to do exactly what you need in once nice quick step.

Message 5 of 5
browarny

The bast way is to do "Copy Design" in the Vault.

--
Best Regards
Grzegorz Korpan
MG Engineering
http://mg-engineering.pl/

IV 2011 Professional
iCore7 950 12Gb Trip-Channel, GeForce GTX470, 1GB
2 x 80Gb SSD RAID0, Win7-Prol x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report