Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/paste problems from AutoCAD 2011 to Inventor Pro 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
282 Views, 2 Replies

copy/paste problems from AutoCAD 2011 to Inventor Pro 2012

Hey All! I am now starting to try out Inventor 2012 Professional.

I was trying to copy a fancy polyline from ACAD2011 into a 2D sketch in Inventor 2012. I obtained the polyline by using a raster to vector program. It is a closed polyline that easily extrudes etc in AutoCAD 2011.

However, when I copy the polyline and then try to paste in Inventor, a bunch of points shows up all over (inside, around , far away from) the polyline curve. I only want the curve to showCat Frustrated. Please help me figure out how to get rid of the points ( are they arc centre points? How do I turn them off?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you attach the original dwg file here?

The points appear to be arc centers - and therefore simply ignore.

You could toggle them from Points to Centerpoints, but not sure why you would bother.

You could make them much smaller going to Tools>Application Options>General tab reducing Annotation Scale - but I don't think I would do that either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD,

Merci for the guidance. See attached the original dwg file.  I want to be able to use the shape to emboss a name plate per se. When I try to emboss, the program says the gemoetry is not unadaptive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report