Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy new sketch to sheet with the drawing resource transfer wizard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bsee1
235 Views, 3 Replies

Copy new sketch to sheet with the drawing resource transfer wizard

I have about 1000 or so drawings that have 2 iProperties in a titleblock.  These must be removed from the titleblock and split into a new sketch.  I've made a new sheet with the separate sketch and used the drawing resource transfer wizard to apply the change to my existing drawing.  The new sketch is now in the sheet as a resource, but it isn't *on* the sheet and visible.  How can I make it appear on the sheet? (Ideally through drtw since I'm already running that)

I'm trying to avoid having to manually edit 1000 sheets.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: bsee1

Only way that I know how to do that and it does not use the DRTW.  It assumes a few things.

1. You have to have the AutoDrawingResource add-in. Change the settings in it to look at your template file and set the check to "Autoupdate"

2. Place the drawing resource in your template file.

3. Open the idw you want to update to make sure updates it.

4. Use the Autodesk Task Scheduler to open the drawings that you want to update.

Now when you run the Task, it will open each drawing and the AutodrawingResource add-in will update the drawings.

There is probably a way to do it with iLogic, but the list of drawings (1000's of them) is the hurdle to get over.

Kirk

Message 3 of 4
bsee1
in reply to: karthur1

Does this work with the .dwg file type?  On the page you linked to I don't see it mentioned anywhere.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
Message 4 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: bsee1

Don't think that works with the Inventor dwg format.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report