Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Model iProperties

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
drguitarum2005
410 Views, 9 Replies

Copy Model iProperties

In my drawing template, I went into Document Settings and enabled "copy model iproperties" so my "Title" from my .iam to my document. That way, I set my drawing title in the assembly, and have my drawing reflect the same title from it's own iProperties.

The problem is, the copy operation doesn't seem to take by default. I can do into document settings on a new drawing and see everything is checked, but no properties have been copied. Only when I uncheck the box then recheck it does it copy the properties. Is this a bug? Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9
Message 3 of 10
drguitarum2005
in reply to: cbenner

I'm sorry, Inventor Professional 2014 SP1 v. 18.1.22200.0000 with Update 1 (DL22436654)

Message 4 of 10
blair
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Some items in the Template file can't have information in them until they are actually used. I've run into this before with prefilled text boxes within the Template.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
drguitarum2005
in reply to: blair

Hopefully that isn't the case as it defeats the purpose of "copy model iProperties" really...

Any way of running some iLogic code to force that function to run or refresh?
Message 6 of 10
blair

Some fields are populated when new file is created from the template and others when the "Save" function is run for the first time.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 10
drguitarum2005
in reply to: blair

The weird part is neither new template NOR save will copy the properties. I have to go in and uncheck the box, then recheck and press OK then it will copy.
Message 8 of 10

I think I figured out that if the model iProperties were EMPTY when I created the drawing, I have to manually go and uncheck and recheck the option in the drawing. If I populate the model iProperties and THEN create the drawing, everything works as it should. I can handle that.

To make it idiot proof though for everyone else, is there a way, via iLogic, to sort of "re-initiate" that option and trigger it on save so it'll grab the properties again?

Message 9 of 10
mcgyvr

Just pointing this out.. but if this is to fill out the titleblock there is NO need to use the copy model properties functionality.. You can simply have the titeblock look at the iproperties of the part or assy placed in the base view

None of my idw file iprops have any of that information in them..and the titleblock just pulls the description and part number from the ipt/iam files iprops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 10
drguitarum2005
in reply to: mcgyvr

Understood. The reason I do it this way is because if I have a weldment with more than one part (which 99% of my models are), I put the assembly information on page 1 and pages 2-x have cut sheets of the individual components. Pulling the part iProperties would mean I'd need to type in the same "Title" and "Subject" (we use two-line titles/descriptions) on each of x parts. By copying it from the assembly and displaying that on each sheet, I only have to do it once: on the main assembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report