Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Inventor USB media to a server

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tahdesign1
603 Views, 3 Replies

Copy Inventor USB media to a server

Our IT system is not capable of downloading my media from the ADSK Website without timing out. Seems that our internet connection actually comes from and/or is filtered through New York while I am in Virginia.

So I have requested and received a set of media from ADSK for all my products. I am in then process of copying each to a server location to install from. In doing that you must ignore the autorun.inf file but I have also ignore the MID.txt and setup.ini files. The reason being that each of them specifies that the media is USB within them, see attached.

My question is does anybody know if these files are necessary to install from the server location and if they are is there a form that these statements needs to be changed to?

If anybody has the downloaded 2014 product could you look to see if these files exist and what these statements are in them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Logos_Atum
in reply to: tahdesign1

Hello there

would´nt it be easier to create a deployment anyway?

You can save much time by doing so.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 4
tahdesign1
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Yes but I would still do that from the server copy of the software. The same way I would do it if I had downloaded it.

I just need to know what those statements are in the downloaded version of the software.

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: tahdesign1

the setup.ini is the same in the downloaded version

i can't find the mid.txt file

the download version may not have this file

they have the dlm.ini file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report