Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Geometry from Assembly file to part file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Sharratt
360 Views, 2 Replies

Copy Geometry from Assembly file to part file

I have an assembly with a few parts inside and want to create a new part(hose) in the assembly and link some faces from other parts within the assembly to my new part to show the routing of the hose.

Anyone have any idea if I can link faces within an assembly to one of the assembly components.

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: Sharratt

hi Steve,

You can create a new part in the assembly, and then edit the part using Copy Object command. It would better to choose Faces from select group and Surface from output group. You can select the faces of other components and copy them into the new part. Refer to the attached picture.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 3
jingyi.liu
in reply to: Sharratt

Not know more details of your design requirement, similar to Gao's advice,  here is my draft thought.

• In your assembly, create a phantom part, ground and root it 
  • In-pace edit the phantom part, run Copy Object command and select these key faces and make sure choose the associative option.
  • In your target assembly, place the phantom part and also ground and root it,  the phantom part includes those face you need and it keep assocative with previous one.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report