Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design With Renaming

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ASchlaack
401 Views, 6 Replies

Copy Design With Renaming

I've got an .iam that is ran through iLogic. I have this vaulted as a template. What I need to be able to do is copy design the .iam then rename it and also have it rename all the part contained within the .iam.

For example my .iam template name would be "15-1-0000 - ASSY" and each part in it would be named "15-1-0000 - PART".

When I design copy it I'd want to be able to do something along the lines of change the .iam name to "15-1-0001 - ASSY". And when I do that I would need each part to do a save as and have the name update to "15-1-0001 - PART".

In what way can I accomplish this? I'm clueless and anything would help, I need this done by Friday...

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: ASchlaack

Aaron,

So, basically you are looking for an ilogic routine to run within Vault.  You might want to consider posting this thread in the vault forum or in the customization forum.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
ASchlaack
in reply to: Cadmanto

If it can be done through iLogic that would be great but I don't care how it gets done as long as it works. And I did go ahead and post that on those forums just now as you suggested.

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 7
ampster401

I don't know if iLogic would not cause this to not work, but you could use Design Assistant to copy it to a new name.

Message 5 of 7
ASchlaack
in reply to: ampster401

I did end up finding a way to do this. If anyone runs into an issue like this they can contact me and I'll explain what I had to do.

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 6 of 7
GarenP

Hi I have a relatively similiar senario but do not have vault installed and it is very  cumbersum to change and rename all the part number and drawing numbers in design assistant each time we reuse a model for a different project.  Please advise me if you have any insight into this.  

Kind Regards,

Message 7 of 7
ASchlaack
in reply to: GarenP

I'm sorry, without using Vault to rename everything I don't know a quicker way to rename everything. I'm sorry I can't be much help.
Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report