Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Content Center

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BCrosby
784 Views, 4 Replies

Copy Content Center

I would like to copy my content center to the server so that several users can use a common content center. I do not use vault. I believe I have copied what I need to copy. When I go into my project under "Folder Options" and try to change where the "Content Center Files" are located I can't get it to change. It just says [Default]. Why?

Bruce M. Crosby
Broomfield
Engineering Department

GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D (Intel LGA1200/Z490/ATX/3xM.2/Dual Thunderbolt 3/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 2/Intel WiFi 6/Direct 12 Phase Digital Power/Intel 2.5G LAN/Motherboard)
Intel Core i7-10700K
Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMePNY Quadro P5000 VCQP5000-PB 16GB
PNY Quadro P5000 VCQP5000-PB 16GB
Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 128GB 32GBx4
Dell Ultrasharp U4919DW Curved 32:9 49” Display
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
CAT 7 Ethernet
HP Designjet T3500
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Enterprise
3D Connexion CadMouse
Autodesk Vault Basic 2020
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020
Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: BCrosby

This project setting is where the parts created from the Content Library are stored.  Default merely means "use the settings from Application Options."  What you are looking for is the location of the Library itself, and that is specified in the Content Center tab of Application Options.

So, there are two different locations that Inventor needs to know concerning the Content Library: the location of the library (Content Center tab), and where to put the actual parts when they're created by placing from the libary (File tab > Default Content Center files).  As you have noticed, a project can either use the default location, or specify one of its own.  A project cannot, however, specify the location of the Content Libraries.

Message 3 of 5
BCrosby
in reply to: SBix26

Sam,

A while ago you helped me with this issue. Recently a lot of files on our server were relocated. Now any files that contained items from the content center can not locate those items when needed. I'm sure my problem is that I don't understand how to map to the content center on my server. Can you try to explain this to me?

Bruce

Bruce M. Crosby
Broomfield
Engineering Department

GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D (Intel LGA1200/Z490/ATX/3xM.2/Dual Thunderbolt 3/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 2/Intel WiFi 6/Direct 12 Phase Digital Power/Intel 2.5G LAN/Motherboard)
Intel Core i7-10700K
Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMePNY Quadro P5000 VCQP5000-PB 16GB
PNY Quadro P5000 VCQP5000-PB 16GB
Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 128GB 32GBx4
Dell Ultrasharp U4919DW Curved 32:9 49” Display
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
CAT 7 Ethernet
HP Designjet T3500
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Enterprise
3D Connexion CadMouse
Autodesk Vault Basic 2020
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020
Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

We have talked about copying our content center at my company as well.  We do use vault and what we are

looking to do is after copying, change the default descriptions and parts numbers so when BOM's are populated they

come in with our company's info.  PLus just utilizing just the parts that we use on a regular basis.

I have dived into this a little and know some of what I need to do within the CC editor, but I would welcome further suggestions based on experience.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
SBix26

Per my explanation above, the location of those CC files is specified by Application Options > File > Default Content Center Files, and may be overridden by the .ipj file > Folder Options > Content Center Files.  So, it's possible that you'll have to go to each project file and change the location.  If you're lucky, all you'll need to do is change the App Options default, but that will have to be done for each user on each computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report