Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copies of shortcut link (lnk) files of ipj

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CAD-One
789 Views, 4 Replies

Copies of shortcut link (lnk) files of ipj

I have never seen this before we implemented vault. But, this could be a inventor related issue. let me explain more. In vault collaboration 2012 we use a single project file for all projects. The ipj file is checked into vault. We keep a unchecked-out copy in the working folder. By the end of the day I must I started and closedd inventor several times. I notice that there are several copies of shortcut link (lnk) files to the ipj file created in the same location as of ipj file. 
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
subsales
in reply to: CAD-One

It’s not uncommon for Inventor to have a project shortcut located somewhere else on the system. But not multiples of the same one in the same folder.

Are you getting a copy of the project file when getting your files from vault in the morning?

Try (if you haven’t already) deleting the copies of the short cut to the project file (leave the one project file from the vault) and see what happens when you get files from the vault.

Message 3 of 5
CAD-One
in reply to: subsales

Deleting these shortcut icons and continuing to work as if it never happened is my usual work flow. It is automatically generated again. One of the possible reasons is that these are created as a result of my moving/renaming within the vault explorer. But I havent been able to validate this.

The only thing we do differentlty compared to most of all others is we use a working folder on a network drive. I dont know if this could have any reason behind my shortcut ipj link issue.

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 4 of 5
Jon.Dean

Is the shared folder on the network being accessed by multiple users?

This could be the reason.

Jon Dean

Message 5 of 5
CAD-One

Every user network work space is private. Controlled thru a login script. It ensures to map to correct drive letter where ever I log in. I open the working folder (m drive) I can see all my current projects, checked out file etc). Every userhas this separately private.
C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report