Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert surface to solid model or turn off yellow edges in surface model

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
8475 Views, 22 Replies

Convert surface to solid model or turn off yellow edges in surface model

First off, I am not a surface modeling guru. We received a surface model from a vendor that I have patched up as best I can, it still has one hole that I can find that I haven't been able to fill. Ideally we would like to have a solid model, but I'm running out of time to get this done and the surface model we have would be good enough for our purposes IF I can get the yellow surface tangent lines to turn off or change their color to black. I've attached a jpg of the surface model with the yellow lines and uploaded the model here: http://discussion.autodesk.com/adskcsp/thread.jspa?threadID=648171.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
JDMather
in reply to: iamchuck

@iamchuck wrote:
But your previous replies to Shawnmann were useless. ..

Let's review the history.

Post #1 - now broken link - but it was Inventor ipt file.

Post #3 - my first response - asking for original file (which wouldn't be an Inventor file).

Post #4 - the Inventor file posted again (but the Inventor file wouldn't be the the original file as requested.

Post #5 - I explained that I was expecting the STEP or more likely IGES file that was imported into Inventor.

Post #6 - stated the ultimate solution would be to convert it to a solid (with evidence).

Post #8 - once again the wrong file posted - NOT the original file as requested.

Post #13 - it was obvious this was going to take a significant study by the OP to describe how to fix the part - therefore I posted a link (now broken) to a video that explained (in general) the step-by-step process to fix the solid.

What more do you expect?  I think part of the problem here is dragging up an old thread where some of the history is lost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 22 of 23
Carthik_Babu
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JDMather,
You have mentioned
"Sometimes when someone digs up an old thread like this with a "new solution" they are trying to sell you their product."
Just to clarify you: i am answering.
i have digged up an old thread like this for getting solution for my requirement and found there is no good solution in this discussion forum. When I got solution by these two links, which i have posted, i felt it will be useful for those who search for the same. Apart from that i have no intention to hurt you or trying to showcase my talent (since i have no product to sell 🙂 )

I really like this forum, where we are helped by many. So as a return, i would also like to help others, that's my intention.
Carthik Babu M.S, Asst Manager - Machine Building,
Gabriel India Ltd,Hosur, TN, INDIA
Email:carthik_ms@yahoo.co.in ,
https://grabcad.com/carthik-1/projects
"May all beings be happy" http://www.dhamma.org/
Message 23 of 23
sugy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hai... Mr. Shawnmann could you tell me how to make this parts.. how to start modelling ? can we use autodesk inventor for making parts like this or another software..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report