Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert standard part to sheet metal part - no sheet styles!!!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
will_hebden
1218 Views, 6 Replies

Convert standard part to sheet metal part - no sheet styles!!!

Hi

In previous releases (2009 i think) when i converted a standard part to a sheet metal part i could recall all the sheet metal styles by linking back to the sheet metal template (i can't remember exactly how this was done, but it was possible with one operation)

In 2011 i canot find a quick way of doing this, it looks like i have to open the sheet metal template and export each different style (about 40 of them) and then import each one into the converted part. am i missing something? is there a simpler way similar to how it used to be done? Why have Autodesk made this more difficult?

As it stands at the moment it would be quicker for me to remodel the parts from scratch using the sheet metal template. I know this is the obvious solution, but seems strange to change something that worked well to something that doesn't!

Any help would be greatly apreciated

Kind regards Will

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: will_hebden

Why would you have to import all 40 why not just the one you need?

Message 3 of 7
will_hebden
in reply to: jletcher

Basically i'm having a bit of a moan.... I wouldn't need to import all of them, but would need to do a few as i require the same part with different thicknesses. I just can't understand why its been changed, in my opinion, for a more annoying workflow.

My real question was whether it's still possible to import them all in one go like you used to be able to? or is importing them one at a time the only way?

Regards

Message 4 of 7
jletcher

Welll it has been a few but I think you have to do them one by one I just can't remember but what I do after I get my sheet metal the way I want it I make a standard part Template  with that template. So if I start a standard part and now think it should be sheet metal when I convert it has all the sheet metal info.

Message 5 of 7
will_hebden
in reply to: jletcher

Ahh... that should work. I'll give it a go

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
SBix26

This is exactly what styles libraries are for.  This would cause no pain for me at all, because all our sheet metal styles are in our library and are instantly available when converting a part to sheet metal.  Are you not using a style library?

Message 7 of 7
will_hebden
in reply to: SBix26

Hi

Thanks for the reply. No we weren't using style libraries, I have now set one up. this is exactly what i was looking for!

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report