Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert pipe from solid modelling to sheet metal/weld

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sam__gleeson
783 Views, 5 Replies

convert pipe from solid modelling to sheet metal/weld

Hello All,

The modelled pipe attached is created using the Solid Modelling Tools.The finished pipe is fine for presentation but now i need to create as a sheet metal pipe finishing with welds.This is where i require help as i have not made a pipe using sheet metal tools and then welding all pieces together.Can the pipe and thread be welded into the large pipe along with flanges on each end.

First how do i make the straight and bent pipe sections and weld together?

Help appreciated

Sam G

INV-2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: sam__gleeson

Are you really going to use Sheet Metal (flat sheet of metal bent up) to create that pipe?

Looks to me like the end flanges are the only sheet metal parts, and since they aren't bent.....

Is this question really about creating Weldments or is it about creating Sheet Metal parts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
sam__gleeson
in reply to: JDMather

Hello,

Both, sheet metal for the metal pipes and then weldmet to join.I thought create the metal pipe sections in sheet metal and then join with weldmet.

What are you thinking as a solution?

Sam G

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: sam__gleeson

@sam__gleeson wrote:

...sheet metal for the metal pipes....

I don't think Inventor will give you the optimal flat pattern - but check this before continuing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 6
WHolzwarth
in reply to: JDMather

Attached is a possible solution, as STEP and 2015 data. I noticed too late, that the start has been done with an earlier version.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Ah, that reminded me of this solution (see Elbow.zip)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/How-to-draw-segment-elbow-90-degrees-and-create-Flat-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report