Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert MDT 2009 parts and assemblies into IV 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
424 Views, 2 Replies

Convert MDT 2009 parts and assemblies into IV 2010

I have several MDT dwg parts (solid models with their layouts, annotations, dimensions, etc.) and MDT assemblies (also with both solid models and layouts etc.).  Is there any way to convert these files to Inventor ipt and idw files?

I have Inventor 2010 installed and I downloaded MDT 2009 from the autodesk website with my IV license.  Both programs work fine.  I can open a dwg file in IV fine and convert the solid to ipt, but I cant find a good way to migrate the files and keep the layout and assembly links etc.  It will be helpful if there is a way to convert a bunch of dwg models, together with their assembly files directly to a new directory with ipt, aim and idw files.

Also is there a easy way to batch convert all 100+ files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tlebrun
in reply to: Anonymous

We have over 10,000 MDT files that would need migrating too (because support for MDT ends with Inventor 2012)

Message 3 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: Anonymous

have to do each one at a time...  Inventor NEEDS to have a MDT import built into it as standard without using a copy of MDT on the system  We have SolidWords import so why on earth not a similar import for Autodesk's own file-system (which is needed for their own long-term customers).

I've had a moan about the entire MDT issue before and AD can't be bothered to answer/help.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/MDT-files-with-Inventor-2013-Autodesk-s-official-sta...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report