Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert files in Autodesk Inventor 2015 to 2013

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
pidsantos1
5263 Views, 10 Replies

Convert files in Autodesk Inventor 2015 to 2013

Hello, I need help.... how can to convert files i in Autodesk Inventor 2015 to 2013? It's not possible save files in 2013 (that do in Office, for examle)? Thanks, Patrícia
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: pidsantos1

Hi! Unfortunately, Inventor does not support saving newer release files to older release formats yet. For iam or ipt files, you could save as STEP or SAT or any neutral format. Then open them in 2013. For idw files, you can export them as AutoCAD DWG 2013 or earlier format.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 11
pidsantos1
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi, Thanks, only after you have started the post had I noticed my question... Thanks. Patrícia
Message 4 of 11
CCarreiras

Hi!

You can try to rebuild the borwser tree for the parts using an app called "Features Recognize".

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
pidsantos1

Hi,

and is possible to visualize the assembly in step or another extension, with the restrictions? I tried to but the constraints do not appear...

Thanks,

Patrícia

Message 6 of 11
JDMather

Assembly contraints are not translated in neutral formats like STEP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

any new updates or is it still not possible to back transfer projects to 2013 from 2016?

Message 8 of 11
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Indeed, as of Inventor 2017, it is still not possible to save an Inventor file back to an older release format. We are aware of the requirement and we are investigating how to accommodate the request.

Do you want to save Inventor 2015 files back to 2013 format so you can open them in 2013 as you do in 2015? Or, you would like to reference 2015 assembly or part files in 2013 assembly or part files? What do plan to do with the files opened in 2013?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Is there any way to download inventor 2013 still?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I too am desperately wishing to share files between systems at my shop.  I have one seat of inventor hsm 2016 and one seat of inventor 2014 on another machine, and it would be very helpful to share parts between the two machines, without cheating my way to 2016 on both machines. 

Converting to step files is not fun - I don't want to lose the inventor features and constraints.

Thanks for any updates. 

-E

Message 11 of 11
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

HI!

Is not possible to do it , unless you save the 2016 files to a neutral format (like step or others) to open it in 2013 version.

The operations in the browser tree will disapear.

You can try to rebuild the browser tree for the parts using an app called "Features Recognize".

In assemblies, all the constrains will vanish, but you can always ground all the parts in site.

And that's all you can do. There's no update in this, and i guess will never be... and the reason is , if you create a part in a newer software version, with new features and options, etc, how do you expect a older version recognize, or interpret those new features, options or new tools? Forget that, it's not possible.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report