Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert AutoCAD 2D drawing to 3D model in Autodesk Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
4541 Views, 2 Replies

Convert AutoCAD 2D drawing to 3D model in Autodesk Inventor

How do you convert/import a 2D AutoCAD drawing into Autodesk Inventor as a 3D model? I need the 3D model to be fully functioning. 

Help is very much appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

In "most" situations I find its almost always easier to just model it from scratch in Inventor using dimensions from the 2d drawing.

But you can also create a sketch in Inventor and import the autocad lines then extrude or revolve or whatever.. or there are some 2d to 3d addins that can assist..

Sounds like you might need the 3d modeling practice anyways 🙂 .. Just model it from scratch..

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=AB3EF879579E4B31A1555E24C004F438

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I could be wrong but I don't believe there is a tool capable of converting 2D drawing views into a 3D solid. If you know of any, please let me know. Currently, you need to import the drawing views as sketches and then create features based on the dimensions on the views logically. There must be some manual processes involved. You might want to take a look at the following add-on tool for Inventor which might help make the workflow more streamlined.

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=AB3EF879579E4B31A1555E24C004F438

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report