Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling page output in Multi Sheet Printer

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kenr
356 Views, 7 Replies

Controlling page output in Multi Sheet Printer

Hi

I am trying to get the Multi sheet print manager to print out drawings in a particular order. I have 220 drawings for our little waste collection vehicle and I would like to be able to print out the drawings in the correct manufacturing process as I print these to a PDF printer which just puts them in what can only be called computer generated random order.

I have tried to arrange the sheets in the order I want when I select them and copy across to the print window. This still does not work.

In fact it seems to print sheets from the same sheet set how it pleases.

Would appreciate some assistance on this.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
salariua
in reply to: kenr

Is this just to get them in pdf format or do you actually need more than one drawing on each page for plotting or whatever you'll do next?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
kenr

Hi

No, I am trying to print out multiple drawings without having to open up every one of the 200 drawings individually and then send them to the printer.
I would like to be able to send them all in a page order I determine, then I don't have to go through each page and check it is in the right order. And then if I want to use double sided it just adds another level to this.

Ken Russ

RUSS EQUIPMENT PTY LTD
192 Beatty Road Archerfield Q 4108
Phone: +61 7 3275 2233 Fax: +61 7 3875 1458
Email: kenr@russequipment.com.au
Web: www.russequipment.com.au

SUPPLIERS OF HIGH QUALITY TRANSPORT HANDLING EQUIPMENT
Message 4 of 8
salariua

I am using PDF Creator  so then I can batch plot to my virtual pdf printer. The program has the option to "Wait Collect" so that it gets all pages instead of asking where to print each page. You can print them each to separate page or merge them (you can even add Watermark if needed).

You can then use something like PDF Split Merge to split them or organize them.

I guess you wan them sort by the part number which comes as default in windows and with drag-drop to PDF Split-Merge you should get the right result.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 5 of 8

You could try using the batch plotting option in task scheduler and then arrange your drawings in a sequence of your needs. It will plot them in that order.

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 6 of 8
kenr
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Thanks for that suggestion.

I tried it but now I have to figure out where to set the printer settings, as the drawings all printed out at full size which didn't fit on the paper size.

I was fortunate that I was only playing with PDF printer, and not wasting massive amounts of paper.

Any idea on how to make the printer settings suitable using task scheduler?

Message 7 of 8
VinodBalasubramanian

You may want to try the attached workflow. It should help you to define your printer and in the printer settings, you may be able to define the paper sizes that you want as default to print.

Hope that helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 8 of 8
kenr
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Hi Vinod

Thanks for that, it works beautifully.
Ken.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report