Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling name in assembly browser of imported part

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
je10020
220 Views, 2 Replies

controlling name in assembly browser of imported part

Hello,

I have a browser display issue that occurrs sometimes when imported parts are inserted into an assembly model.  Before dropping some imported parts into my assembly model I changed the filename to something corresponding to our part numbering system.  When the part is dropped into the model, the name of the instance displayed in the assembly browser is the same as that originally used by the originator of the model.

I know I can change the name in the browser by editing the name field in the occurrance tab; but I'd need to do this for each instance.  What iproperty field (or other property field) should I edit at the part level so that the revised part name is used in the assembly browser whenever that part is inserted into an assembly?

Thanks,

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: je10020

Hi je10020,

I suspect the name is overridded in the brower node of the part file, and this is causing the issue. You can edit the part file and then edit the name in the browser, and delete the old name. Inventor will fill the name back in with the actual/current file name when you press enter, or click off of the browser node. Similar to what is shown in  this image.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 3
je10020
in reply to: je10020

Thanks for the response.

Between what you said and looking up how to rename browser nodes at the assembly level, the browser names are now straightened out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report