Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Roll with split will not unfold

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
thedelee
614 Views, 7 Replies

Contour Roll with split will not unfold

I am having a problem with the contour roll feature. I am adding 3/8" ti a length of straight duct to make an egde. it works ok except that when I split the thing to length ( joins into a y connector). It will no longer unfold. also looking for the setting to get the flat patterns to match true length (see the unsuppress to unfold, while suppressing the first two features for the true length). On the contour roll suppressing the split will allow it to unfold. unfortunately that is useless to us.Man Mad

Thanks,

Thaddieus Fransman

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
thedelee
in reply to: thedelee

Robot Happy

Any hopes this will be a possibility in the future.

Message 3 of 8
thedelee

Thanks Thaddieus Fransman

Message 4 of 8
WHolzwarth

This would do it. (2014 file)

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
thedelee
in reply to: WHolzwarth

how exactly did you change it so that it unfolds now, or is just 2014 suited for that?

Thanks,

Thaddieus Fransman

Message 6 of 8
thedelee

I was able to add the two intersect and mine will also now unfold so thanks, any idea why this works, seems  a bit like it should have worked without them. It's neat that you figured that out, no idea how, it is a bit mysterious.

Thanks again,

Thad Fransman

Message 7 of 8
thedelee

hello

Message 8 of 8
WHolzwarth

Hi Thad,

two intersecting thickens were used for getting rectangular faces at the sheet outlines. That's the normal situation of a flattened sheetmetal.

If you're using only an extrusion cut, in many cases the outlines are non-rectangular faces.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report