Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Roll Flat Pattern Problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dp_krenz
375 Views, 3 Replies

Contour Roll Flat Pattern Problem.

I am having trouble with contour rolls. I have two problems, first when you unfold a the contour roll in the part attached, it only unfolds one part of it. Is there any way to unfold both parts of it? Second, if you unfold the part and make a change to the unfolded portion, you can't refold it and get a flat pattern, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks. for any and all help,

Dave K.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
c.henry
in reply to: dp_krenz

you might try to make the features a different way, see attached, I did not try to hold your dimensions for the cuts

Inventor has a problem remembering how to put it back if the flat that was selected as the fixed reference is modified at all. It needs an unmoving fixed reference.
Message 3 of 4
japike

Hi Dave,

You can unfold the rest of your part by using the unfold tool again. But, I am having the same trouble as you, getting the flat. The problem seems to be in the first cut. I can make it a notch and get a flat without a problem, but as soon as I make it a full cut, I get errors.

Jeff
Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! I have verified the issue on R2010 RTM build. However, somehow I cannot reproduce it on the latest internal build. I suspect the issue might have been addressed.
Thanks!

johnson.shiue@autodesk.com

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report