Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
odv135
454 Views, 6 Replies

Content Server

Was doing a project that has a hydraulic system and certain other content center parts. finished it using inventor 2011. Now I've been asked to change certain stuff for a class, problem is that im using inventor 2012 and switched my OS from xp to win 7. i did make a backup but the project is asking me for the content server files (in very specific names) and i have no idea where they are. i did find some files that look alike but since i dont know very well what is it its asking for i cant choose the file with the very long and messy code from the 2011 content.

how do i solve this?!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: odv135

Did you do a pack and go or just back up the files?

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 3 of 7
odv135
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

Not sure what you mean. i copied the whole project folder and my user data (which has the content center data on it)

Message 4 of 7
Ryan.Martinez

I would just rebuild the assembly probably if you have all the files. I'm no expert but i'm guessing since you changed your OS all the file paths are messed up in your assembly. Maybe try editing the default content center files in the applications options? Just a guess. see below

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 5 of 7

appop.PNG

Or maybe this path?

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 6 of 7
odv135
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

I did check that, the problem is i also switched to inventor 2012. so apparently the files arent named the same way in content server

Message 7 of 7
SBix26

I think you're getting confused between the location where the Content Center libraries are stored and where the actual component files generated from the library are stored when used in an assembly.  By default, standard content is placed under your My Documents folder (see Application Options > File > Default Content Center Files).  This location can be overridden by the project (.ipj) file, under File Options > Content Center Files.

If you didn't change any of the defaults, then the Content Center components of your project were stored in your My Documents folder, so look in the stuff you copied from there to your new OS.  If you didn't copy them, they will have to be generated again from the Content Libraries.  Then figure out a better location for those components so this doesn't happen again.  Be aware, too, that any folder designated as a Content Center location will be treated as read-only by Inventor, so don't put them where you have other stuff you want to edit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report