Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Centre

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PACDrafting
210 Views, 2 Replies

Content Centre

We are placing components (structural sections) from the content centre and the length keeps coming up at 60mm. We are actually trying different lengths but it keeps reverting back to 60mm. The B_L in the parameters is also automatically reverting to 60mm. What might be the problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: PACDrafting

Hi Paul,

you are right that length of structural section (steel shapes) is driven by parameter B_L. If you work with Content Center, browse a structural section (steel shape) and in dialog showing available sizes (we call this family dialog) you fill/type length and click OK to place, Save As dialog appers and you can save IPT file corresponding to just placing structural section (steel shape). What you fill/type as steel shape length, it is used for B_L parameter. Try to place from Content Center same steel shape, but when Save As dialog appers, select different folder (not Work Space), something like C:\Temp. Let me know please what structural section (steel shape) you placed (e.g. DIN 1026 U). I will try to place same structural section as you. Also specify size please. If you are using Vault, try to place problematic structural section using Simple (not Vault) project. If you are saying you are not able to change B_L, do you have sufficient permissions on machine to modify files, I mean are you machine Administrator or user with weak permissions? Jan Priban (Autodesk)
Message 3 of 3
PACDrafting
in reply to: PACDrafting

Thanks for your reply Jan.

It was a local machine permission problem. Fixed now.

Regards
Paul.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report