Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

content centre bolt

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
James__S
783 Views, 8 Replies

content centre bolt

I have a 25mm bolt from the content centre.....how do i make it change from 25mm long to 22mm long

Also how do you add fillets to CC parts.I get an error message when trying to add fillets

Thanks

2013 CC bolt attached

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CCarreiras
in reply to: James__S

Hi!

If you need to change a Standard size from a Content Center element, just select change size and pick one.

Clipboard01.png

If you need a size "Non Standard" for your assemblys, you have to place the element "As Custom". The element will be save in the project folder as a regular part and then you can edit.

Tip: you can quickly use the move face to change the bolt legth.

2.png

If you want to publish the "Non Standard" bolt, you can publish the edited element as a single part in the Content Center, or make a iPart with several members. Use the tool Component:

Clipboard03.png

Or you can copy the element in the Content Center and add the element to the family tree.

You can't edit Content Center elements, it's blocked, you need first copy the element you need to change and then make the edits.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 9
James__S
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi

Thanks

The bolt i attached in the first post was saved as a Custom Bolt to my selected folder......i used the move face on the bolt so as to shorten by 3mm but i get errors...i also get errors when trying to add fillets..i must be doing something wrong 

Cheers

Message 4 of 9
ampster402

I'm using Inv 2015 so I won't be able to provide you with an updated part file.

It appears you already adjusted the length to 22mm in parameters.  You also need to adjust the thread length which was still set to something greater that 22mm.

I adjusted the thread length to 20.1731 and the part file updated without errors now, but I can't tell you if that is correct or not.  I simply subtracted the thread length difference from 25 to 22.

HTH

Message 5 of 9
James__S
in reply to: ampster402

thanks...i have the thread sorted but i still get an error if i place a fillet...how do i add a 0.5mm fillet as in the attached picture?

Cheers

James

Message 6 of 9
James__S

Hi

This is the error i get when trying to add a fillet....does this suggest that the fillet cannot be applied?

Message 7 of 9
CCarreiras

Hi!

It's a lot easier if you place your ipt file instead the error messages...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 8 of 9
James__S
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks

Here is the .ipt file

Message 9 of 9
WHolzwarth

Do this, James:

- In Browser, expand iMates

- Suppress InsertIn1

- Apply R 0,5 fillet

- Edit InsertIn1 and select new edge

- Unsuppress InsertIn1

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report