Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content centre and parts

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
methoni
255 Views, 6 Replies

Content centre and parts

A simple question!

Is it possible to open up a part from the content centre (example pipe flange) rename it and modify it to one,s own particular needs.

I know that its possible to bring them into an assembly but what about prior to creating an assembly.

regards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
graemev
in reply to: methoni

Not that I'm aware of.  It is, however, as simple as: Place From Content Center, select item and set Custom Part, Rename as desired during Save As, (part is automatically placed), Undo one step.

The CC parts are, I believe, created "on the fly" from data tables when placed.  There is no pre-existing folder full of models from which to copy.  Once a part has been placed, however, there is a model retained (somewhere) on your system.  If you've placed one before, you can copy and rename in the style you're asking for.

Message 3 of 7
rdyson

If you place from content center into an iam you can choose as custom and modify it.

Capture.JPG

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 7
blair

Try the "Open from Content Center" and then Open as Custom, it will allow a direct opening, you should then be able to save it to your own directory with any modifications

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
methoni
in reply to: graemev

Thankyou graemev

I will give it a try.

Regards

Message 6 of 7
methoni
in reply to: rdyson

Thanks Rdyson

That sounds like the perfect solution.

Regards

Message 7 of 7
methoni
in reply to: blair

Thanks blair

I will follow your instructions

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report