Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
surfershipp
250 Views, 1 Reply

Content Center

I am having trouble editing the iProperties in content center parts.  Currently the company I work for uses Excel for their BOMs.  We are trying to switch over to iProperties to make the future BOMs.  In doing this, I need to adjust the iProperties desc to our companies pn#'s.  Is it possible to do this?  Edit Content Centers iProperties?  Also, we are not using vault, all files are on the companies network.

Thanks in advance,

Ty

Perth, Australia

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: surfershipp

@surfershipp wrote:

I am having trouble editing the iProperties in content center parts.  Currently the company I work for uses Excel for their BOMs.  We are trying to switch over to iProperties to make the future BOMs.  In doing this, I need to adjust the iProperties desc to our companies pn#'s.  Is it possible to do this?  Edit Content Centers iProperties?  Also, we are not using vault, all files are on the companies network.

Thanks in advance,

Ty

Perth, Australia

Welcome surfer...

It sounds like what you need to do, if I understand the question right, is edit the Content Center family table.  Each table may be a little bit different, but look for a description column, or create a new column for it if it isn't there.  Whatever way you go, the key is to make sure the column is mapped to the correct iproperty on the model.  To do this, right click on the column header and select Column Properties.  In the dialog that opens, you will see in the middle: Map To Inventor Property.  The pull down there will give you a list of all available iproperties.  If you do not see one there, it is probably already mapped in another column somewhere in that family table.  Whatever iproperty you select there, the contents of that column will populate the iproperty when the model is placed.  If the model for that particular CC part has already been generated with the old information on it, open an assembly that contains the CC part and use Refresh Standard Content to update it.

prop.JPG

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report