Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
CLDS
711 Views, 7 Replies

Content Center

Inventor 2010

Second post

When I insert a threaded part from the Content Center I get this message "unable to successfully update the member part file, problem occurred when setting thread data" The fastener will insert but the threads are very small. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TONELLAL
in reply to: CLDS

Check the thread definition in threads.xls. Perhaps your file has been modified, and the name of the thread style does not exist any more.

Message 3 of 8
CLDS
in reply to: TONELLAL

Perhaps this is the problem. I cannot find a file "threads.xls" . Can you send me the file and tell me where it should be installed

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
TONELLAL

On Windows 7 you'll find it in : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2010\Design Data.

The exact name is : Thread.xls .

Message 5 of 8
SBix26

If I recall correctly, there were also issues with Excel and Inventor 2010 on Win 7.  Might search this forum for help.

Message 6 of 8
CLDS

I am running Windows XP pro. SP3

I found thread.xls in Autodesk/inventor 2010/Design Data. The spread sheet seams to be intact. I also found a copy in Autodesk/Inventor 2010/Bin/New Styles Library. This spread sheet is empty of data.

Should I delete the empty spread sheet in new styles library?

Would you send me a new copy of the spread sheet in case mine is corrupt.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
TONELLAL

The new styles library folder is not a default folder.

In Inventor options, check where is YOUR data folder : it is on tab "Files", 3rd line "Data conceptions". Normally it is "Autodesk/inventor 2010/Design Data". You have the same thing in the ipj file, in the section "Folder options", 1st line : "Data conceptions".

If you need to recover the original file, in the Design Data folder you have a zip file named "DesignData.exe". It contains all the original files.

Message 8 of 8
CLDS
in reply to: TONELLAL

OK that worked. Apparently thread.xls was corrupt

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report