Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center - undifined reference

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
yulce
267 Views, 4 Replies

Content center - undifined reference

Hi!

I made migration of our database to version 2013. I have just one ipj file. When I want to open iam with inventor it says, that some references are missing. All points to Content center files. Subpath is all right, except first drive letter is R:\. Why? I didn't use that drive letter in migration. Everything else works good.

Location of project, content center ... must be \\vault\PSPro\ ...

I opened this file (iam) from maped drive, that is why there is a letter A:\

I did migration with TaskScheduler (ipt, iam ... ).

How can I correct all this paths? If I point paths to right locations of content center files, and save it, it works, but in our database is a lot of files.

Please help ...

Gregor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yulce
in reply to: yulce

Attachment with pop up dialog ...

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

Gregor,

What is the drive letter "R:" ?  Is this a network drive that you used in the previous version?

What path is specified in the application options path tab for the CC?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
yulce
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello, Cadmanto!

This drive R: was newer used.

Path to content center is \\vault\PSPro\ ... \Contentcenter. And I noticed that some parts from CC have right paths, some not, some iam files are good, some not. In the past everything worked good, except this time after migration to 2013.

The rest of path with drive letter R: is good, only R:\ is not good, it points to drive that doesnt exist.

When someone manualy open iam, and manualy choose right path ... \\vault\PSPro ... \Contentcenter, and saves it, it works good.

It is embarrasing, because our base is 110000+ files big.

This task scheduler is making a lot of trouble, sometimes cant pause it, a lot of files don't have write access ...

Please help,

Gregor

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto

Gregor,

What I do know is that Autodesk did not create the path to "R:" or did it create the "R:" drive.

If none of your pathing is setup to go to "R:" what I am thinking is somewhere in the past the "R:" drive did exist because it appears that some files are trying to get files from it and have lost connections.

Are you using Vault?  Are you by any chance working outside of your Vault working folder?

Don't know anything about the task scheduler, other that I have heard that it can be used in migrating files from Inventor.

What exactly do you mean when the scheduler is causing you issues?  What grief are you seeing?

Can you post some images of this whole issue you are having?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report