Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Sort Designation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hagiographa
625 Views, 2 Replies

Content Center Sort Designation

I have created a simple custom content centre part.  I can't get it to sort by size/designation on placement. 

Even though I have it sorted the way I want in Content Center Editor when I exit, every time I go to place the part the designation is jumbled up.

When I go to the "Table View" tab, and sort by column, the numbering isn't quite right.  Also using the "Sort..." button on placement doesn't give me the result I get using the 'Sort' option in Content Center Editor - Family Table.

I know I could just scroll through the list until I find the size I want, but I think it would be faster if they were sorted (especially if I had more than 114 to look through).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
salariua
in reply to: hagiographa

Try and add another column called index, and edit the family table with excel. Add sequenced numbers to that column and sort by it. See if that persists upon placement.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
JBerns
in reply to: salariua

Is it possible to add this column if rows have already been suppressed in the Table Editor?

When I bring the table into Excel, the suppressed rows appear hidden.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report