Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center resolving after upgrade

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BillPIII
437 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center resolving after upgrade

I seem to work through this problem every year. It's enough to make me dred the upgrade but not enough to remember what I did to resolve it. What is the fastest way to get Inventor to find it's own parts after an upgrade? Why can't it do it?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: BillPIII

Are your settings under Application Options>File correct?
Is your project file configured correctly and loaded?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 7
BillPIII
in reply to: mrattray

It had been. I then upgraded and it seems lost. But this happens every upgrade. It doesn't seem to automatically update anything to the 2014 content center and doesn't seem to know or care where the 2013 content center is. And I don't really want to leave it attached to the old files. Just annoying things I need to remember every year and only use them once a year. Like the annoying fan out selection box is back. It would be nice if the upgrade could look at your previous settings.

Message 4 of 7
blair

This is always a problem, but you do have to migrate your old IDCL files anyways. It location path only changes by the year of Inventor.

ProgramData>Autodesk>Inventor (year)>Content Center>Libraries:

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
BillPIII

Is there a better way to migrate than using "replace with content center"? Seems dumb to need to search for old parts in the new version using the same name it used in the old version in order to replace it with the same name in the new version. The content center always seemed to work backwards to me and the yearly game of 'pick up sticks' doesn't help.

Message 6 of 7
blair

We always use the save as custom, which always brings them into my current work directory. Never have a problem with this. They get migrated with my files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
BillPIII
in reply to: blair

I just noticed that box today while replacing bolts and wondered if it did that. I think I'll use that from now on. Probably solves some other issues as well. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report