Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Reference

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
adrian.peloso
515 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center Reference

Hi

I'm very new to Autodesk Inventor 2013, so sorry.

I'm working on a small project on my laptop at school. Recently I tried to work on this project at home. So I put everything on a Memory Stick, plugged it in at home and opened the file as usual. The problem is that the file needs references to the content center parts like screws etc. and can't find them. I was looking through my whole computer for this content center files Inventor is asking me, but I can't find them.

If I open a new project and open the content center it works without problems. The problem is just that I can't tell Inventor where the parts are to which it needs to be referenced.

Do you know what path I have to fill in?

Thank you, Adrian

Here is a screenshot of the reference dialogue. Sorry for the german texts.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: adrian.peloso

Yes.  Look in Application Options > File tab for the Default Content Center Files location.  As installed, this points to a location in your My Documents folder, which is a really useless location if you want to copy the project somewhere else.

If yours is still placing Content Center files in your My Documents folder, that explains why your home computer can't find them-- they're still on the laptop at school.

In the future, you might try using the Pack 'n' Go tool to collect everything on your memory stick.  It will find all the files used by an assembly into one folder.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 4
adrian.peloso
in reply to: SBix26

Do you mean this tab (in the picture)? Inhaltscenter is the Content Center in german.

The content center path is pointing to the location where Inventor is trying to find the screws etc. Is there any possibility I can change this location to get my project to work?

Thanks for your answer.

Adrian

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: adrian.peloso

That's the one.  The problem, of course, is that the work you did at school, with the same default location, placed the files under your user profile on the school machine.  At home, Inventor is looking at the same default location, but the files aren't there.  They are still at school.

You can't fix it now by changing the path, because the files are not available.  But you can reduce future problems by changing the default path in your project(s), which override the Application Options default, to a location within your project (warning: this location becomes read-only, so make a subfolder just for this purpose).

Or, as I mentioned in my previous message, use Pack and Go (don't know how that translates to German) to collect files on your memory stick from wherever they reside.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report