Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center R2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
LonesomeJoe
172 Views, 1 Reply

Content Center R2011

HELLLP...  We shot ourselves in the foot again, changing software from R2010 to R2011.  The install went ok, as it does, but I can't get the Content Center files to work.  I tried updating them per the instructions in the Help file, but I'm not getting the same screens they say I should get.  My Content center path in the Libraries folder of the project is red (see Content_Center_1.jpg), and when I ask Imbentor to configure it, , I get the screen in Content_Center_2, and the "update" button is grayed out.  We don't have Vault, don't want Vault, but I fear AutoDesk may have finally ported this thing to FORCE everyone to get it.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I'm using the same setup procedures I used when we shot ourselves in the foot in '09.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
harco
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

Please excuse me if this is all codswallop but this is a once a year operation and I'm probably wrong.

This is all from memory and second hand as I didn't actually do it, our IT department did.

Although you don't use Vault, your content centre database is on the vault server where it used to be on ADMS.

I believe you need to migrate your content centre database to allow it to be accessed by the newer version.

So this needs to done through the Vault manager/ editor/ control centre, I can't remember what it's proper name is.

Save a backup of the old database to another location, because it's massive and you don't want to have to recreate that.

I think vault creates a new content centre database for each version.

There's probably better and correct information in the installation readme files on the memory stick or installation download.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report