HELLLP... We shot ourselves in the foot again, changing software from R2010 to R2011. The install went ok, as it does, but I can't get the Content Center files to work. I tried updating them per the instructions in the Help file, but I'm not getting the same screens they say I should get. My Content center path in the Libraries folder of the project is red (see Content_Center_1.jpg), and when I ask Imbentor to configure it, , I get the screen in Content_Center_2, and the "update" button is grayed out. We don't have Vault, don't want Vault, but I fear AutoDesk may have finally ported this thing to FORCE everyone to get it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm using the same setup procedures I used when we shot ourselves in the foot in '09.
Please excuse me if this is all codswallop but this is a once a year operation and I'm probably wrong.
This is all from memory and second hand as I didn't actually do it, our IT department did.
Although you don't use Vault, your content centre database is on the vault server where it used to be on ADMS.
I believe you need to migrate your content centre database to allow it to be accessed by the newer version.
So this needs to done through the Vault manager/ editor/ control centre, I can't remember what it's proper name is.
Save a backup of the old database to another location, because it's massive and you don't want to have to recreate that.
I think vault creates a new content centre database for each version.
There's probably better and correct information in the installation readme files on the memory stick or installation download.
Hope this helps.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.