Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center - "connection error"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
axemanjon
411 Views, 7 Replies

Content center - "connection error"

Hi

Software ref: Inventor 2013 64bit SP1.1 - Vault Professional (client/server) 2013 update 1 - SQL server 2008 R2

Our office has recently been lacking a Content Center due to the error described below...

- Users can click "place from CC" and navigate to the part they require

- On selecting the part the following error shows up:

cc-issue.png

- There is no option to add anything afterwards. This has also crocked our frame generator....

- This happens with both our custom library and standard libraries.

I've had a look at the ADMS console where the libraries appear to be fine, and the SQL management studio, where nothing is showing up an error...

So far all we've managed to try is restarting the server, which hasn't worked. I was hoping someone might have some experience or thoughts on the error!

Here's how it appears in the server log:

--------------

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Connectivity.Content.Services.ContentService.GetFamilyPropertyValues(Guid[] famGuids, Guid[] propGuids, String lang)
at Connectivity.Web.Services.v17.ContentService.GetFamilyPropertyValues(Guid[] famGuids, Guid[] propGuids, String lang)

Exception(Inner): Procedure or function 'GetFamilyPropertyValues_String' expects parameter '@familyGuid', which was not supplied.
Stacktrace(Inner): at Connectivity.Core.Database.TransactionContext.OnSqlException(SqlException e)
at Connectivity.Core.Database.SqlAccess.ExecuteReaderInternal(SqlCommand cmd)
at Connectivity.Core.Database.SqlAccess.ExecuteReader(CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters, Int32 commandTimeout)
at Connectivity.Content.DataAccess.dbFamilyUtils_RC.GetFamilyPropertyValues(Guid familyGuid, Guid[] propGuids, String language)
at Connectivity.Content.Services.ContentService.GetFamilyPropertyValues(Guid[] famGuids, Guid[] propGuids, String lang)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

-----------

Like I say, any ideas please let me know. Cheers, Jon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: axemanjon

This sounds like more of a Vault question than Inventor, but:  Do you have any problems accessing the Vault throught Client?  Can you open files from Vault, check out and in... is it only the CC that is showing this disconnect?

Message 3 of 8
axemanjon
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris

Fair point really - think I should move or replicate this? If I can?

There seem to be absolutely no issues with Vault check-in/out and/or placing files from Vault.. I've had our reseller have a look at it and have no suggestions which have borne fruit so far!

Message 4 of 8
cbenner
Message 6 of 8
axemanjon
in reply to: cbenner

They certainly are! No settings have changed from a content centre that's been working fine for years. I get the horrible feeling that it's a very specific glitch, maybe something within SQL settings etc.

I can even open and edit the content centre library tables - but I have noticed that in the "Family Properties" dialogue box there are some changes. Firstly there are only "General" and "Thumbnail" tabs where there would usually be Parameters / Links as well. On the General tab:

- "Family Folder Name" section has disappeared completely.

- "Library" field is blank where it would usually have a library specified.

Seems like some link between the vault and the libraries is damaged?

Message 7 of 8
cbenner

That seems like a reasonable assumption.

I'm really hoping to get this thread moved, I have requested that it be.  It takes some time.  I'm hoping there is someone on the Vault side who might have a clue, because this sounds like it's a system error vs a setup problem.  I feel your pain!

Message 8 of 8
bob_holland

Jon,

I think that I would make sure that your have updated your systems.

You state that you are at:

Software ref: Inventor 2013 64bit SP1.1 - Vault Professional (client/server) 2013 update 1

Autodesk Inventor 2013 Service Pack 2

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL21702054

Update 4 for Inventor 2013 Service Pack 2

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL22744178

Vault 2013 Service Pack 1

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL21017345

Update 2 for Vault 2013 Service Pack 1

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL22156301

This would be a reasonable first step.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report