Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center publishing problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CelticDesignServices
201 Views, 2 Replies

Content Center publishing problems

I have a user here that creates and publishes all the client's custom parts and then puts then into the Content Center for global use. Today he's run into a problem when attempting to create a rivet.

The attached is a pdf showing what he's running into. There are two main red flags of interest as you'll see, one being why the "rivet" category is not available although it exists and two, why doesn't the AutoDrop feature work unless this part is stored into a different category such as 'Round Head" bolts?

He hasn't run into this before today and he's created numerous other parts such as washers, spacers, nuts, bolts, etc. Why are the rivets causing issues?

Thanks in advance for you help, I will be sure to pass along any info.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

That is interesting, why wouldn't Rivets be a choice?

I created a dummy part and attempted to Author as a rivet and saw the same thing you did.  So I authored it as "Other", and then published it as a rivet.  During the publish, it warns that the part was authored as Other, and you may lose authoring info if you proceed... yes or no.  I said yes, and it SEEMED to publish ok... but I'll admit i didn't have time to play around and test it from the CC.

This is IV 2011 Pro btw.

Message 3 of 3

Hmmm......sounds like a bug to me seeing it's happening on both 2011 and 2012.

If I get the chance tonight when I get back to the office, I'm going to attempt this on 2012 ultimate...I doubt it'll be any different, but one never knows.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report