Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center - Publish parts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Paul-Mason
281 Views, 1 Reply

Content Center - Publish parts

I've create an ipart and Published it to the "My Library" Now I'm trying to find out if it is necessary to keep the original IPT iPart  file that was used to created the Published Content Center or can these safely be deleted or moved to an archive?

I've searched what Wiki-help where there is. However in the section about authoring there is nothing at all contained in there about deleting the original file idw iPart file that was used to author to the content center

SO I'm STUCK as to whether I can or can not delete the original ipt iPart file that I used to create the new content center parts and I don't really want to experiment by deleting the file then finding out it is needed, I know I can recover it from the recycle bin BUT the risk there is if there are any internal links that are needed that they my be corrupted and I'll have to start again.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pauldoubet
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Yes you may delete the iPart ipt file. Or you may archive the file. I find it much easier to make changes to the CC template file and the CC Family Table if additions or changes are required instead of using the iPart file and republishing the part. There are exceptions to that and you may find the original iPart is required in the future.

Hope this helps, Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report