Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Parts with iFeatures

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mark-j-a
693 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center Parts with iFeatures

I have several hydraulic fitting parts that I have created which use iFeatures to control the thread type and size. It uses the RowReplace to change to the correct row in the iFeature. These parts where made in Inv 2011 and imported into the content Center and work like a treat. We have upgraded to Inv 2012 and migrated all of the content centers libraries. Now the iFeature do not change, all of the other geometry changes as required except for the iFeatures.

I have tried to re-import one of the problematic parts into the content center from the original iPart file, to remove the migration out of the equation but it still somes to be a problem. I have attached a copy of one of the iParts which was imported into Content Center.

If anyone else has this problem and can enlighten us to the probable cause of the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Leo.Xie
in reply to: mark-j-a

Thank you for reporting this.

I tried this on Inventor 2011 and 2012. But I did not find the difference of the bebavior. Could you post the snapshot of the screen and marked the issue? It is better to post the iFeature file too.

Leo Xie (Lichao.xie@autodesk.com)
Software Engineer, Inventor
Manufacturing Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
mark-j-a
in reply to: Leo.Xie

Leo,

The problem is with the part that has been Published to the Content Center, not with the individual iFeatures or iParts which was published. Since I have posted this problem I have deleted all of the old Content centre parts which was migrated across and re-publishment them.

The trick is that I believe the row:replace functionality is gone from the content center, however I made the iFeature Parameters visible in the content centre table and simple add the dimension and parameters like another dimension. It took us a week to re-publish everything, but the job is done.

Message 4 of 4
salariua
in reply to: mark-j-a

For anyone interested we are doing a follow up here

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report