Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center parts no longer standard parts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RANDYWINDERS
227 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center parts no longer standard parts?

We just upgraded from INV2009 to 2015. In the past I have created parts lists for purchased parts. These included all purchased parts in an assembly excpet content center parts. I did this by filtering with purchased parts only, and no standard content. This gave me a list of all purchased parts except for nuts, bolts, angles, flat bars, etc.

Now with 2015 my purchased parts lists are showing fasteners also. Is this a result of Inventor handling fasteners differently in 2015?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RANDYWINDERS
in reply to: RANDYWINDERS

I have some new information on this topic.

After some testing, I have found that the filtering only filters standard parts from a custom library. I have an extensive custom lirbary that I use to use custom descriptions and part numbers.

I am looking for a way to tell Inventor that items in the custom fastener library should be treated just like fasteners that come from the CC library.

The custom library was created using the copy to command in content center editor.

Message 3 of 4
RANDYWINDERS

A little more information.

The parts from the custom library that have never been placed come through correctly, that is the dont show up on parts lists filtered for no standard parts while the ones that have been used before show up as non-standard. I'm thinking either they did not migrate smoothly during the upgrade or they are stored somewhere locally and are being recycled.

If I could find the files where the Inventor is picking these part up and delete them and force Inventor to regenerate the parts would this fix them?

I have the Autodesk Vault Server radio button checked on the Content Cewnter tab of Application settings as well as "As Standard" and also checked "Refresh out-of-date standard parts during placement."

Message 4 of 4
RANDYWINDERS

52 views and no replies? Nobody has any ideas?

I'm geting tired of content center files from the vault and the content center folders on the server, then inserting the fastener into an assembly , which forces Inventor to recreate the part. Then check it into the vault and rebuilding any assembly that contains that fastener.

What a PITA. Migration = FAIL!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report