Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTENT CENTER/ MYLIBRARY

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ndiankou
162 Views, 4 Replies

CONTENT CENTER/ MYLIBRARY

I can't place from content center after made new part numbers on some parts in mylibrary.

For others it works very good but not with parts which have parts number renamed.

I have this message: "Failed to open document". I do OK! and get this other message: "is not valid for placement in an assembly".
Can you help me???

inventor 11 sp4

Thanks,
Ndiankou
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ndiankou

Hi Ndiankou

Please let me know more details what you did. Generaly if you modify PartNumber there should be no problem. You probably made some un-wanted change along with PartNumber modification. Let me know what part you modified (for example Plain Washer JIS B 1255 A)

Regards

Jan Priban (Autodesk)
Message 3 of 5
ndiankou

Hi Jan,
the part that I modified was elbow "asme 16.22 90deg C x C 1". I solve "place from CC" after I delete it and make new copy from standard and modified again. But I have NEW PROBLEM: When I try to do "tube & pipe run" that need to use modified elbows(new part number), I receive attached message:see attachment.

Can you help me???
Thanks,
Ndiankou
Message 4 of 5
ruth-chunhua.hu

Hi Ndiankou,

Thanks for your findings. Actually, the attached message is not related with the modified part number and new added Description column of elbow in Tube & Pipe run. Message still pops up, If you create one style applied the standard ASME 16.22 90deg C x C 1 and ASME B10.36 Pipe with threaded End in tube & pipe. This is Inventor 11 Tube& Pipe logic, which makes mismatched endtreatment of pipe and elbow can not be created.

In Inventor 2008 & 2009, there is function enhancement in Tube&Pipe Style dialog. When you create and save that kind of style, a dialog will prompts "End treatment does not match. Do you wish to continue?" Thus, you could select Yes to continue, or No to stop.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Ruth(Autodesk)
Message 5 of 5
ndiankou

Thanks Ruth,
what I did was:
- delete mylibrary's components
- recopy components from standard and make new modifications
after that I reboot my computer and IT WORKS!

Thanks very much EVERYBODY.
Ndiankou

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report