Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Migration..

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rexdoum
843 Views, 4 Replies

Content Center Migration..

Hi, I really need your help today. I just wasted 3h today to figure this out. We were able to migrate our custom library to the 2013 partition but today we realized that some of the parts weren't transfered such as dowel pins. I'm not able to migrate the AI2012 Inventor_ANSI library to the 2013 just like I did for my custom library. So now, I'm stuck with my incomplete library and I can't add any new bolts or whatever and I'm getting really pissed off. I really need that AI2013 Inventor_ANSI but it's not there... I do have it when I use desktop content center but when I switch to vault it's not available... I tried to use the library transfer guide but it doesn'T show up, it only shows my custom library.

I would really like if someone could help me out on this one...

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
NicolasXu
in reply to: rexdoum

Hi rexdoum,

The standard libraries don’t need to be migrated. To use the AI2013_Inventor ANSI (and other standard libraries), you need get them installed/attached to Vault server.

You can find the ANSI library from the Vault server installer package, the location should be like this:  “.\Content\LibraryContent”

Double click to run “ContentLibrarySetup.ext” to install all the standard libraries, or you may unzip ANSI library and manually attach it via Autodesk Data Management Server Console 2013.

Please let me know if there is any further problems.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
rexdoum

Correct me if I'm wrong, the ansi libraries are on the USB key we use to install our suite? We have to install them separatly, by default they don't install unless you ask them? On my computer they were'nt install because I need to install Microsoft IIS and I would need my IT guy to come and install that for me. Will it need the IIS too on the server? thanks!

Message 4 of 5
NicolasXu

Hi rexdoum,

The Vault Content Center libraries (aka Remote Content) are on the USB key we use to install Vault Server, and the Inventor Desktop Content libraries are on the USB key we use to install suite/Inventor.

The Vault Content Center libraries need to be installed on the server which Vault server installed, so that we can use the standard libraries when using Remote Content. Library Transfer Guide can only transfer custom content libraries, not standard libraries.

Because your Inventor is able to connect to the Vault, it sounds IIS has been configured on the server. What you need to do is, asking somebody who installed Vault server, to install the Remote Content libraries on the server, maybe IT guy? 

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
rexdoum

Ok thanks for the help I'll look into that soon!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report