Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

content center library not updating PLEASE HELP!!!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
borissljivar30
2887 Views, 13 Replies

content center library not updating PLEASE HELP!!!

I created custom library by coping iso read only library. Then edited custom library family table and created extra columns (for custom iproperties) for company purpose BOM. This columns needs to be updated from time to time with new part numbers.

When I update part numbers and hit apply it tells me that published successfully to selected library.

Then i go to iproperties of updated parts and this update is not showing up.

I am using inventor 2010 and vault server.

Please help!!!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
fakeru
in reply to: borissljivar30

Where those parts inserted "As Standard"? And did you update them through "Standard Component Refresh" command?

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for reply
Yes I tried updating them using std component refresh.
Not sure if they inserted as standard.
They come from custom library I created.
Message 4 of 14
jingyi.liu

Hi,

Have you refreshed your standard components? I didn't try it on Inventor 2010, it should be same.

regards,Capture-Refresh CC.PNG

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 5 of 14

Yes I tried refresh but still parts are not updating
What is problem? Am I doing something wrong in above described procedure?
Should this parts update once I change values in family table?
Message 6 of 14
fakeru

Check if the parts were inserted "As Standard".

In browser bar you can see the difference between Standard (First) and Custom (Second) parts. 

1.JPG

If your parts are "As Custom" inserted you should replace them from CC "As Standard" and I think during replacement your parts will be updated. But in future you will be able to update them through "Refresh" command.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Message 7 of 14

Thanks Fakeru,
My parts are inserted as standard. Problem is when I change values in family table, part iproperties-custom tab is not changing. Not sure if this has something to do with vault settings as all parts are stored in vault server.
Message 8 of 14
panzilte
in reply to: jingyi.liu

We are having a similar issue with getting content center part to refresh.  However; our problem goes a little deeper.  When we migrated to R2013 from R2011 the custom content center library became corrupted and we needed to start over with a new one.  I am still in process of adding components to the new custom library but now some of the legacyparts are having an issue.  This is occuring mostly with the hexagon socket head caps screws, the part number in the ipropteries is getting truncated and now in the BOM Inventor is grouping these parts together and the description reads, "varies."  I do not know what is causing the part numbers to get truncated but the BOM issuebeing caused by parts having the same part number.

I have made some changes to the family table for the hexagon socket head cap screw (ANSI B18.3(05)).  New parts are coming in correctly.  However; everytime I attempt to refresh the legacy components, Inventor locks.  I have tried the following. 

1. Placing all the components in the from the ANSI B18.3(05) family into one assembly and then refreshing.  There are a total of 435 parts. - Refresh Locks Inventor
  2. Placing all the component of a similar size SHCS in an assembly, for example I place all the 1/4-20 UNC SHCS's into an assembly and then refreshing.  Refresh Locks Inventor
  3. Placing just one SHCS into an assembly, and then refresing.  Refresh Locks Inventor

I have deleted the part file for a SHCS, 1/4-20 UNC X 1.00 for example, and then inserted that SHCS into an assembly.  In this case Inventor asks if you would like to get a copy from the Vault, I say no.  This will place the part correctly, however; I do not want to repeat this process another 434 times.  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

PS I have been using Inventor since R8.  The transition to R2013 from R2011 has been the worst I have experienced.

Message 9 of 14
panzilte
in reply to: panzilte

Some More Information

Operating System: Windows XP 64-Bit

Lenovo D20 Workstation

E5607 - 2.27 GHz CPU

8.0 GB Ram

nVidia Quardo 4000 2 GB Graphics Controller

Message 10 of 14
cbenner

Not sure if you are still having trouble... but in your family table you added columns for custom properties, right?  Did you map those columns to the file property so CC knows what to update?

map1.JPG

Message 11 of 14
panzilte
in reply to: cbenner

The part number has been fixed.  The issue was getting the files to refresh.  The only way I was able to do that was to delete the old and create new.

Message 12 of 14
cbenner
in reply to: panzilte

I'm saying that if the properties were not mapped, they would not refresh.  Just want to make sure that was not the issue originally, because you may get the same results again this time.

Message 13 of 14
Lancasterm

Not sure this will help since you are using the vault server to manage the content center...   But without Inventor running go to

For XP:  C:\Document and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk and rename your Inventor <version> folder to Inventor <version>_OLD...

For Win 7:   C:\Users\lancasterm\AppData\Local\Autodesk and rename your Inventor <version> folder to Inventor <version>_OLD...

Restart Inventor and let it recreate the content center caching files/folder.

Just wondering if your local CC caching files are not being updating (I have seen this before and deleting the CC caching folders fixed the problem)....   So Inventor continues to think the information in your model is up to date even though its not.

Side note:  If you created favorites in your CC this information is also stored under that folder structure...  If you did, you can rename the sub-folder Content Center to Content Center OLD

Message 14 of 14
Lancasterm

Ok I was going back over the replies and have a couple more questiongs/thoughts... When you do a refresh of standard components are you getting any message? If no, do you have a user created LOD active? Also are the local content center part set to read only on your hard drive? Sometimes that happens when data has been migrated and you have to remove the read only attribute from the file itself. Do you have any (mapped) custom IPROPERTIES in the family table with blank cells. If you do then you need a formula (typed) as &" "& for the given blank to create a space for that IPROPERTIES.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report