Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Library is Missing? Where can I download it?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Bosey85
11764 Views, 19 Replies

Content Center Library is Missing? Where can I download it?

Hello Everyone,

I am currently taking an Inventor class and it requires us to use fasteners and what not in our projects. However my content library is missing, I have double and triple checked the file location. Some how when I installed Inventor 2010, my content center libraries were not installed. I am not talking about autodesk vault, and do not have a server to connect to. I just want the standard content library filled with all the standard fasteners and other content and I have yet to find any help on the autodesk site nor on google. Please help if you can. Thank you in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Bosey85

Run install again and just install desktop content libraies.

Message 3 of 20
Bosey85

Thank you John for your quick response, I will give it a shot.

Message 4 of 20
Bosey85

John, I tried your method and files were downloaded and installed. However, these files seem to be unusable and I am not able to load the fasteners library nor any other library. I will attach the newly installed files to see if you or anyone can make sense of how to use them. All of the files are .idcl files and do not load properly and they are very large. If you can help please that would be great. Thank you.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous

Check your library configuration in your project file (bottom button on right side of lower window).

Message 6 of 20
Bosey85
in reply to: Anonymous

John, I cannot find the location of the button you have mentioned. I am a noobie so it might be my fault. I have a standard mm iam opened right now. I have attached a screen shot of my desktop. If you could please tell me where to go that would be great. Thank you very much for your help.

Message 7 of 20
BMiller63

Mange tab Get Started tab > Projects, then look for the Configure Libs button as described earlier

better yet, go to the Get Started tab and click the Tutorials button, and then go to the Level 2 General Interest tab, and choos the Content Center User Libraries tutorial, it covers this and more.

Message 8 of 20
Dennis_Jeffrey

You cannot have files open when you configure a project file.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 9 of 20
Bosey85
in reply to: BMiller63

I tried what you said and to no avail. It will not let me select the edit library button in the project manager. All that is in my content library are .idcl files. What are .idcl files and what are there purpose? Thank you for your help.

Message 10 of 20
BMiller63
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

@Dennis_Jeffrey wrote:

You cannot have files open when you configure a project file.

Good point to make for general project edits, but you can add/remove CC libs with file open.

Message 11 of 20
BMiller63

@Bosey85 wrote:

What are .idcl files and what are there purpose? Thank you for your help.

Inventor Desktop Content Libraries

These file are your CC database files.

Before you can use the Desktop CC (rather than the vault server) you have to go to Application Options> Content Center tab, and specify to use desktop CC, and point it to the IDCL files.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

See attached file, have you seen this?  If so, post screen shot.  If not, that's where you need to go.

Message 13 of 20
Bosey85

There are no options to change or point to the .idcl files, this is what it shows in the attached screen shot.

Message 14 of 20
Bosey85
in reply to: Anonymous

John, there is no edit styles option in that location. Here is a screen shot of the options that I do have. Thanks.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

Looks like the bottom button is greyed out.  I had this problem before, I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled.  Sorry but that is the only way I know to fix it.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13187758&linkID=9242018

Message 16 of 20
BMiller63

@Bosey85 wrote:

John, there is no edit styles option in that location. Here is a screen shot of the options that I do have. Thanks.

Before an uninstall, did you check: Application Options> Content Center tab, and specify to use desktop CC?

Message 17 of 20
Bosey85

Bmiller, Yes I did check that. There is no where to change the libraries to cc or point them to the file folder that I have idcl files located. Thank you for everybody's help. Before I uninstall I am going to go by my school. They have the proper library files. I am going to see if I can just copy them to a flash drive and paste them into my content library directory because they are in the proper file format. Once again thank you for everyone's help.

Message 18 of 20
Dennis_Jeffrey

Good tip.... never tried that... 🙂 Guess I'm automatically ingrained with the need to have all files closed.... 🙂

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 19 of 20
marshalwilson99

Unable to install inventor content library in Inventor 2017

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
--------------------------------------
Marshal L W
Message 20 of 20
SBix26
in reply to: marshalwilson99

The log indicates that your download failed, so installation never started.  Instead of using the Install Now method, use Browser Download to first get the install files copied to your computer, then run setup to perform the installation.  This has the bonus of never needing to download the files again, they are right there on your computer for repair, reinstall, add components, etc.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2016 R3 SP2
Vault Basic 2016 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Autodesk_Inventor_Certified_Professional_Badge.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report