Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Libraries not available after SP1 install

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
438 Views, 7 Replies

Content Center Libraries not available after SP1 install

The libraries are there and the project file is pointing to the correct location but they are not available. I am at a loss at the moment. Will keep playing with it but would appreciate some direction if there is any.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Anonymous

If you look at Inventor, Tools, Application Options, Content Center tab, what do you have set there ? You should be set to Desktop content with that path set for the libraries.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I ended up doing a complete shut down instead of a restart and that seems to have done the trick. Everything looks just as it did before shutdown but it is working now. Thanx for the tip though. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I am having a similar issues, but with my custom library. My options are pointing to where they should be, but when I publish a new part it goes to the default location (...User\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Content Center). A restart didn't help.

Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Chris,

I am also replying specifically to your post so you can see my question...

I am having a similar issues, but with my custom library. My options are pointing to where they should be, but when I publish a new part it goes to the default location (...User\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Content Center). A restart didn't help.

Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 8
ChrisMitchell01

Hi Nick,

That location is the content center cache location, which is used to improve performance; instead of referencing the cc parts from the CC library every time, if it has been used previously on that computer then it is simply copied from that location accordingly. The "Master" CC data will reside in your library, which can obviously be referenced by multiple users concurrently.

The actual location of where the instanced CC part is created/managed is defined in your project settings under Folder Options.

So, everytime you instance CC library data into an asssembly you'll see files created in multiple places on disk.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Got it. Thanks for the explanation!
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Just a quick update on this issue. Ever since installing SP1 I have had this come up several times now where my libraries are unavailable. A few times they come beack after closing out og IV and restarting the program. A couple other times I have had to shut down the pc and then start back up to get them to become available.

Might this be a bug with SP1? Nothing changes other than somethimes they are there and other times they are not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report