Contributor
Francis.Foley
Message 1 of 5 (451 Views)
Accepted Solution

Content Center Issue

451 Views, 4 Replies
06-08-2012 01:08 AM

I get the following error when I try to insert screws into a new assembly:

Unable to successfully update the member part file. Problem occurred when setting thread data.

I click OK and the part inserts but the thread does not look right! Compare the threads on the screws on the left (shown incorrect) with those on the right!

Anyone have a cure for this issue or come across it before?

Using Inventor 2013.

Screw Issue.png

Valued Mentor
japike
Message 2 of 5 (427 Views)

Re: Content Center Issue

06-08-2012 07:16 AM in reply to: Francis.Foley

We had that same issue. In our case, we deleted the sheet that Inventor needed, in the thread spreadsheet, to get it's thread data for content center. Once we restored that sheet, threads on content center parts worked fine.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2013
Contributor
Francis.Foley
Message 3 of 5 (424 Views)

06-08-2012 07:24 AM in reply to: japike

Jeff,

Where can I find the thread spreadsheet and where did you restore it too?

Francis

Valued Mentor
japike
Message 4 of 5 (418 Views)

06-08-2012 07:34 AM in reply to: Francis.Foley

The spreadsheet should be in your design data folder. It's called "Threads" I beleive. If you are on Inventor 2013, it will be in ".......\Design Data\XLS". We have a common copy that we keep on our server that we make modifications to as neccessary. When I needed to restore the sheet, I opened the spreadsheet from the Design Data folder that was created when Inventor was installed and copied the sheet from there to the spreadsheet on our server.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2013
Contributor
Francis.Foley
Message 5 of 5 (408 Views)

06-08-2012 08:19 AM in reply to: japike

Thanks for giving me a clue, I open the spreadsheet, resaved it and put a copy on my server content folder. I had to open the screws in the conents folder and fix them, there was only a few but I tried inserting some new screws without issue.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.