Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center iMates... Again

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
224 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center iMates... Again

Hi all,

I know this subject as been posted so many times, even by my self but I can't seem to find THE solution for my problem. It looks so simple but when I tried out the various solutions I don't get the desired result.

Find attached a pack'n'go of an assembly. The issue is with a CC fastener (U1160) now constrained to show you how it should eventualy mate. The iMates created don't work properly...Why? Normally when we place from CC we get prompted to select the appropriate reference for placement. With this one...nothing and if I use right-click to check the box Use iMates it wants to mate to another screw.

Before I lose it can someone help me please.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No body to help out??

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Possibly you are using the "Align" constraint instead of the "Mate" constraint. The "Mate" looks like a "Camera" instead of the two little staggered boxes.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/01913f25-4b12-434d-b62a-3f59bc292aa7

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Blair,

I'm no expert but I don't think that is the problem because we have many other fasteners who use the Align constraint and mate perfectly when placed. I feel it's a procedure specific to the content center or at the publish I'm missing out.

Thanks anyway,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report