Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center / Frame Generator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
floccipier
451 Views, 5 Replies

Content Center / Frame Generator

Hi All,

I was trying to make a new content center library to be used with frame generator. What I am trying to do is to make a library of back to back channels (differet back to back distance depending upon usage eg 100, 200 etc. see attached snapshot please). I also want the family table to be populated inside the custom family so that I can change channel sized like 150, 200, 250, 300 and 380. I tried again and again and I made one (after seeing videos and reading help etc) but I am not sure which one of my try was successful. Please help, simple step by step procedure witll be much appreicated.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
floccipier
in reply to: floccipier

Sorry for 2nd post - just wanted to add more.

when I m done with modifying sketech and publish a part it is successful. The error appears when I try to replace the family template it shows "import part is invalid".

Message 3 of 6
cbenner

I'm guessing when you tried the replace template, you went back to your original part and made the mods there?  Replace Family Template (as far as I know) only works with an instance from the family table in CC.  Try this:

Open from Content Center, any instance of the part in question, save it "As Custom".  Make the modifications to your sketch there, and save the part.  Now go back into CC and try the "Replace" using that custom instance.

Hope it helps.

Message 4 of 6
floccipier
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for understanding and replying cbenner,

What I have understood from your this post and one on other thread is that I will make changes to the part and then go to editor and will replace the original family's template with the modified part, right? but then I think

1) will the additional sketch be taken into account?

3) Notch profile that is considered during publishing, what will happen to that?

I might be wrong but this is what my understanding telling me.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

Message 5 of 6
cbenner

You understand me correctly.  The new sketch will be reflected in the Family Table once you replace the template.  However, take this into account:

If the changes you are making will change how the part is used in Frame generator, than you probably DO want to republish the part, and delete the original family from the Content Center.  If you do find that you need to republish, then do NOT use Replace Family Template.  In either case, I think you're simply adding a step, and this is causing your error.

I'm not sure what you are changing, so I don't know if Replacing or Republishing is the best route for you.

Bottom line:  If you want to REPLACE, don't republish.... if you want to REPUBLISH, don't replace.  Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6
floccipier
in reply to: cbenner

ok cbenner Smiley Happy,

I will give this a try and If stil the problem persists I will write you again describing with the help of snapshots what I m taking from cc, how I am changing it and how I want to use it with frame generator.

thanks alot,

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report