Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dshuping
932 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center Files

I am using Inventor 2010, and just gone through the install program to add in content center files.   It installed 11 IDCL files and 1 IDZ file. I copied all these files to "C:\Documents and Settings\dshupin1\My Documents\inventor\Content Center Files\R2010".   Now, when I try to open something from my content center, I get a "Failed to open document" error, then another error that the file is not valid for placement.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: dshuping

Is your path setup correctly in your master project file for the CC?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
dshuping
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly new to Inventor, without the benefit of other users in the company. I know how to create projects, but I'm not sure what you mean by Master Project. When my projects come up, I have all the ones I have created plus a Default and several others that were created at installation. I'm considering re-installing Inventor, now that I have learned lots of shortcuts and options. Thanks [cid:image003.jpg@01CE0055.0B60B370] Donald B. Shuping Electronics Technician Industrial Microwave Systems 3000 Perimeter Park Drive Morrisville, North Carolina 27560 Office (919) 371-1396 Mobile (504) 259-9495 Fax (919) 990-9596
Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

I was talking about when you select the "I" in the upper left corner and "Manage" then Projects, you should see this dialog.

cc.PNG

Just make sure the CC is pointing to the correct folder where you are trying to find these files.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
dshuping
in reply to: Cadmanto

OK, I understand, but under a specific project, if I create a new assembly, then try to place something from the content center, all the .IDD files show up. I try to select one of these, and get the error messages I described. Do I need to do some kind of translation to get them in a form Inventor would recognize? [cid:image002.jpg@01CE007C.AD6AB7C0] Donald B. Shuping Electronics Technician Industrial Microwave Systems 3000 Perimeter Park Drive Morrisville, North Carolina 27560 Office (919) 371-1396 Mobile (504) 259-9495 Fax (919) 990-9596
Message 6 of 7
SBix26

What Scott is showing you is where content is placed from the library when used.  I think what you're asking about is where the libraries are placed.  In Application Options > Content Center tab, check the location, and change it to match yours if necessary.  The open the project editor and click the drop-down menu in the lower right corner just above the Done button, then click the Configure Content Center button (the only one in the list...?).  This will allow you to choose which libraries you want available to this project.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 7 of 7
dshuping
in reply to: SBix26

Thanks to all who replied. I tried everything to no avail. I deleted Inventor and re-installed, still no luck. The second time I deleted Inventor, I deleted all files and folders that had "Inventor in the title. When I re-loaded, everything worked fine. It found the content center files, migrated them on it's on, and everything works. Thanks again [cid:image003.jpg@01CE02A6.CEF013F0] Donald B. Shuping Electronics Technician Industrial Microwave Systems 3000 Perimeter Park Drive Morrisville, North Carolina 27560 Office (919) 371-1396 Mobile (504) 259-9495 Fax (919) 990-9596

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report