Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center files need to be resolved

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Python99
599 Views, 4 Replies

Content Center files need to be resolved

We currently have two network drives. Let's call them Alpha and Beta. On drive Alpha we have a project file and within this project file we have our network content center. Any file we creat on drive Alpha works fine and all is good. When we create assemblies on drive Beta and use parts from the content center we have issues. Whenever you open an assembly it asks to resolve every content center part and during the process of resolving them it asks are you sure you wish to use parts that are outside the active project file. 

We have tried everything but still everytime we open an assembly it asks to resolve all the files. An obvious fix would be to copy the entire content center and place inside the beta project file but this doesn't make sense to have a copy of the content center for every single project file we may create as they should be driven from a central content center only. Does anyone know how to drive multiple projects off of one content center without having the content center in every project. We are currently using inventor 2015 and everything is updated as much as possible. Thanks for any help in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
salariua
in reply to: Python99

I am asssuming you are using different project files (.ipj). By the looks of it you are not including Alpha CC files in your Beta drive project. I had one project file as template that got copyed over with every new project. We only changed the name of the ipj file to match the new product/project name.

Yes, it makes sense to have one central location for all your content center items and any other library files you might have.

Can you post images of your the project details and if set to default, of the Inventor/Tools/Options/File tab.

6.jpg

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
SBix26

There are two different locations for Content Center files: the Content library location, which is where the "recipes" are stored, and the Content Center files, which is where the individual parts created from the recipes are stored.  I believe that you are confusing these.

If you are using desktop Content libraries (see Application Options > Content Center > Access Options > Inventor Desktop Content) the Content Library is located in the specified folder, and consists of a dozen or so files with .idcl extensions.  These contain the recipes.

When you use a part from the Content library in an assembly, that specific part is created as a .ipt file, and is placed either in the default location specified by Application Options > File > Default Content Center files, or in the location specified by the active project file (Folder Options > Content Center Files).

Once you figure out where these files reside, and where you want them to reside, you can adjust your project files and application options accordingly.

If you can't figure it out, post screen captures of your Application Options > File tab and a project (.ipj) file.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 4 of 5
Python99
in reply to: SBix26

Thanks to both you guys for your help so far, much appreciated. So I have a better understanding of what is happening now. Also we have a custom library with our company part numbers that was setup long ago. While in the Beta project file I can create and pull parts from the content center located on the Alpha drive (recipe folder) and have figured out that they are then permanently stored on the Alpha drive after in their .ipt form. This folder is referenced in the Beta project folder but still claims because these files are outside the project folder (being in the Alpha folder) that they must be resolved everytime. I have taken a screenshot. Also for our purposes Alpha = Python and Beta = Rite Way Server. I simplified the names for my original question. Both projects are located at z:\ . To temporarily fix the problem we copied the .ipt content center files that are currently made from the Alpha drive to the Beta drive and it fixed everything. This is the actual files that were copied and was about 9GB of .ipt files. Thanks in advance! Please find attachment of project files

Message 5 of 5
SBix26

It should work the way you have it set up.  But I notice that the Rite Way Server project adds one more level to the Content Center Files path (en-US).  Try removing that last folder, making it point to the same location as the Python project.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report