Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center file write permission is missing.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Timmy_Stalnacke
2958 Views, 7 Replies

Content center file write permission is missing.

After update some properties in the families in our content center library (in Content center editor) we can't place CC parts anymore?

1. We get a text box who ask if we want to check out the file from Vault.
2014-11-19_17-21-12.gif

2. No matter what we click Yes/no another textbox appear who say we dont have write permission?

2014-11-19_17-21-12.gif

and no part is inserted in the assembly.

Other part who is in the original CC works fine just our parts dont work?
is it possible to restore earlier version of CC?

Info:

Inventor 2015, SP1 Update 1

Vaul 2015, R2

What to do

BR

Timmy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Timmy

What happens if you perform a refresh standard component in your assembly?   Does this person have the proper access within Vault to check out content center components?   What is the lifecycle state of this component and is it locked?   Please see my article about content center: http://synergiscadblog.com/2014/02/28/working-with-inventor-content-center-part-1-of-3/

Mark L.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8

Thank you Mark!
When i uncheck the "Refresh out-of-date standard parts during placement" box i can place components again.

2014-11-20_08-25-35.gif

We went to Inventor 2015 a couple weeks ago and this is the firs time the CC is changed, that probably why the problem came up now!?

Message 4 of 8

Ok this wasn't the solution for us. we had to log in as JobServer and open every part from your Library and check out and check them in again.
This solve the problem for us now but i guess this isn't the right way to go?

Best regards

Message 5 of 8

Now I have this problem again!
It only on my computer, my colleagues don't have this problem so it have to be some of my settings?
I have deleted the local copy of CC.
it works fine when i change to default project but when i change back to Vault project Inventor wants me to check out CC parts again.
its only our company library who this occurs.

Best regards

Message 6 of 8

Try this link 

ACADE & PLANT3D Applications Engineer
CAD Training

Standard and bespoke PLANT3D Training and ACAD Training and ACAD ELEC Training

Message 7 of 8
phlyx
in reply to: Timmy_Stalnacke

That check box under Content Center was the problem I was having placing components.  Fixed it.

THANKS!!!!

Message 8 of 8
phlyx
in reply to: Timmy_Stalnacke

Quick follow up, is there any danger to not having that box checked like updated files not updating?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report