Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
LonesomeJoe
623 Views, 9 Replies

Content Center error

One of our Inventor workstations is playing Content Center games.  The operator asks for a Content Center part, makes the selections, sets the save path, etc., etc., but when he tries to create the part, it gives an error "cannot create component".  We've had a few instances of wonky behavior with Content Center, things like it displaying a blank screen, but shutting off and restarting Inventor usually cures it.  This one comes and goes at will, and right now it won't go.  Anyone else seen this?  Thanx.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bob_holland
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

LonesomeJoe,

This sounds like a permissions issue trying to write your custom component to disk.

Check your Inventor Application Option defaults and IPJ for where you are telling Inventor to save your default Content Center files.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 10
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: bob_holland

I checked the Application Options, "File" and "Content Center", and they're set the same at the rest of the workstations, and the project is one we all use.  One of the things that baffles me is, his Content center was running a week ago, and has been for a couple years.  This just "popped up", with nothing changed that we knoe of.  This has happened before, and "went away" without us even knowing what caused it.

Message 5 of 10
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: cbenner

It's Content Center parts, and it's everything... at least everything we tried which was only structural angles.  Now that you mention that, I should have my drafter try several other parts and see if it's eveything.

Message 6 of 10
bob_holland

Lonesomejoe,

Does this effect:

• One user?
  • One machine?

If it only affects one user/machine, can you please login to that machine as a different user and see if that user receives that same results?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 10
LonesomeJoe

Ahh, the never-ending adventure that is... Inventor's configurations....  I logged in as me, and Content Center works; it works differently than on my workstation, of course, but it works.  Log back in as Ron, and it doesn't work.  I found two radio buttons that set the Content Center part to "custom" or "standard", one is in Application Options (see "Setting_01"), the other is in one of the dialog boxes that appear during the Content Center part open procedure (see "Standard_02").  These were both set to "custom" on Ron's workstation, and are both set to "custom" on mine as well... works on mine, doesn't on his.  Change both to "standard" on Ron's, Content Center works.  Application Options "File"; "Default Content Center Files" and Application Options "Content Center", all settings and location are the same on both workstations.  Additionally, on my workstation, the Content Center asks me where I want to save a part file, on Ron's it does not.  Where ELSE are Content Center settings located?

Message 8 of 10
bob_holland

LonesomeJoe,

I would like you to use the Inventor Reset Utility to reset Ron's Inventor setting back to factory default:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

This will usually resolve this type of corrupt user profile.

Please try this and let us know.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 9 of 10
LonesomeJoe

You mean my user is corrupt??  Smiley Surprised  Ron's not going to like hearing that.... Smiley Very Happy  I'll give that a try.  It'll be after the weekend before we can get it done, as this has to go through I.T. for "ok" and they're out of town.  Thanx for the input.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report