Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Custom Property Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
166 Views, 1 Reply

Content Center Custom Property Error

I'm sorry if this isn't in the proper subforum, but I'm facing a strange problem with Inventor's content center. For many parts generated the iProperties are improperly generated, specifically the finished weight of the part. Sometimes a finished weight is generated with two decimal points. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but when I try to check the part into SmarTeam nothing happens. If anyone has encountered a problem like this, I'd appreciate some advice on the situation.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pcrawley
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a couple of steps you need to take to fix this.  The cause of the extra decimal places is the template you are using for your CC part.

(Not to be confused with your normal part/assembly templates - CC Family templates are very different!)

1. Place a sample part from the family that's causing the problem.
    (Use Place as "Custom" so Inventor prompts you for a saveas location)
  2. Edit the component: Tools > Document Settings > Units > Linear Units - Set to 0 decimal places.
    Whatever this is set to - probably 2 - is what you are seeing on the parts that won't go into SmarTeam
    Note:  You may need to fix a couple of other missing values, but Inventor will prompt you if they need fixing)
  3. Save the part
  4. Go to Contnet Center Editor
  5. Set the "Library View" to your own library (important - if you don't do this, the next step will not be available)
  6. Right-click your problem component family and select "Replace Family Template"
  7. Select the part you created in step 3.

Job done.  You may need to refresh CC files in your assemblies for this change to propogate.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report