Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center content not available

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
8THDAYCAD
2574 Views, 4 Replies

Content Center content not available

I am using Inventor 2011. We have the Vault installed on a server machine separate from my local machine. I am able to do all normal functions regarding saving, checking in & out of files etc. When I use "place from content center" the library window is empty. When I go to the project editor and click on the "configure content center libraries" button, I see all of the libraries. The text for them is red and the column labeled "access" shows red text for all that says "not available". I have logged onto the machine hosting the vault and the content center and they appear to be installed.

Can someone point me towards the correct actions to make the content center useable? We have had this working in previous year's version, but this year it is not cooperating. It seems like it is something simple, but I have read many documents that tell how to set it up, but none that tell how to fix it when it doesn't seem to work correctly. Anyone help??

Andy Morrison
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
8THDAYCAD
in reply to: 8THDAYCAD

I also just noticed that the libraries show as their lease has expired in the ADMS console. See attached.

I can find no option to remedy this.

Andy Morrison
Message 3 of 5
minkd

It looks like you are using Inventor 2011 with an ADMS 2011, but the standard libraries installed in the ADMS are for Inventor 2010 rather than 2011.

Content libraries are "partitioned" so that Inventor 2010 only sees 2010 libraries, 2011 only sees 2011 libraries, etc.  During the initial migration after an install, but default we copy any user libraries to the latest partition.  You can see what partition each library is in by looking at them in the ADMS-Console.

You can install the 2011 standard content libraries from the vault server media.

If you are no longer using Inventor 2010, you can delete the 2010 standard content libraries to free up the disk space. Make sure you have copied any custom libraries to the 2011 partition first!

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
8THDAYCAD

Thank you. I have notified our IT person. He will make the corrections.

Andy Morrison
Message 5 of 5
BrettHobbs8903
in reply to: minkd

Hi, I have this same problem with Vault 2015 the library files for Inventor 2015 are installed in the vault but the vault client does not show them. If I login to the Vault server in the ADMS console they show as lease expired. They worked initially (this is a new vault server) and we imported a single assembly then updated it. After we confirmed all was well we were unable to import other assemblies due to missing parts so we removed the updated one and all the libraries diapered with it. This was all using Vault client we have not yet connected with Inventor. Any idea why they show as lease expired or how I can renew the lease?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report